Saturday, September 15, 2007

The end is nigh

Someone stands with a sign warning people about the end of the world. I'm sure you've seen such cartoons or pictures. I used to snicker at the idea. This site is for those of us who no longer feel this is far-fetched.

I'm going to assume that you share some of my concerns. If you don't . . . well, I won't waste time and energy trying to convince you.

(If you've an open mind you might care to investigate some of the links here, in which case
you may be back.)

I take it as a given that:

  • civilization as we know it is about to implode
  • there exists a window of (at most) a few years to do something about it
  • there could (and should) be more to life than consumer capitalism; the impending crisis may just spur some of us to think up a saner way
  • humans have evolved to living in close-knit groups, and forming such a group may be the best thing to do

Preparation
is the key. By that I mean doing all that we can before the shit-hits-the-fan. I cordially invite like-minded individuals to discuss how we might team up. We will speak of resources, skills, relocation (New Zealand is where I'm based), disengaging from the economic system (especially with respect to getting out of debt) empowering ourselves, informing ourselves, permaculture . . .

I envisage us getting to know one another on-line, and then in a year or two coming together as a group. By then, we will have hammered out the logistics. Maybe we will form more than one group, especially if we come from around the globe. I won't predict exactly what will result. But whatever it is, we should be in a better position than the average joe.

So that we can talk, I've set up a Google group at http://groups.google.com/group/tribeseeksmembers.

Drop in, why don't you?



2 comments:

will outcastle said...

Feel free to say something

Mami said...

I love this! This is a fantastic start. I've been wondering what we can do as an individual after having read so many eye- and mind-opening (or sometimes -boggling) books. It's great to have a base from which we can explore options, meet like-minded people, and start getting our butt moving.